12 June 2012

We Made It!!!

We all survived our looooooooooong trip from Abu Dhabi to Los Angeles. We left our hotel in Abu Dhabi at 10pm on Friday night GST (11am Friday PST), drove with Papa 1.5 hours to Dubai airport, checked our luggage, said goodbye to Papa at passport security (where I had small fit and ran away holding my passport when Mama demanded that she hold it), got to the gate, checked our stroller, boarded, got delayed when they had to "offload 7 passengers and all of their belongings for security reasons," flew the 16 hours to LAX, de-planed, went through passport security (I had another melt-down about holding my passport - Pau had a melt-down out of sheer exhaustion), found our luggage, cleared customs, met Grandpa Don and Uncle Ben, and drove to Grandpa's house in Studio City where we arrived (asleep) around 10am Saturday PST (9pm Saturday night GST).

TOTAL TRAVEL TIME = 23 HOURS

Without the kindness of strangers who helped Mama with our belongings and with us, we might not have arrived in one piece! Mama said Pau and I were amazing travelers. The flight attendant said we were the best kids on the plane! Good thing I like movies and Pau has a long attention span for playing. And good thing we managed to sleep in 2 long chunks. Whew, I am glad that is over.

Now to adjust to the 11 hour time difference here. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment