29 June 2012

Vocabulary

Leah here - I have been thinking about making a post about Pau's incredible vocabulary. About 2 months ago I started writing words down. After a few days I realized that was an impossible task because he literally learns dozens of new words every day. He now speaks in full sentences. Some favorite Pau quotes:

(after coming into my room in the morning and finding me asleep in bed*) "Wake up Mama!"
(after dropping a toy on the sofa) "Dropped. Sofa."
(when he doesn't find it there) "Floor. Think so!"
(while we are singing songs at the table and Grandpa chimes in slightly off key) "Stop it Grandpa."
(about 20 times a day when he isn't happy with something) "No. Go away."
(around his bathroom ritual) "Poop. Potty. Dump it. Flush."
(when I try to help to do something he feels capable of doing on his own) "No. Self"
*he sleeps in a bed nowadays - no more crib!

At this point Andrés speaks in hourlong essays on the meaning of life and death so to mention his vocabulary is to miss the point. But, he does have some unique words worth noting:
"Cowfa" couch / sofa
"Popstickle" popsicle
"Youknowme" Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment