23 August 2009

Salidas y Llegadas: Catalunya a Extremadura


Friday was a crazy day of departures and arrivals.

5:30am - depart Bellaterra (where Grandma Anna lives outside Barcelona) and drive to the Barcelona airport
7:00 - depart in airplane (my 7th flight!) from Barcelona
8:00 - arrive in Madrid airport and take a taxi to a hotel while Dad goes to the US embassy
12:30 - lunch at the only open bar - Madrid is deserted in August when everyone flees the heat
14:30 - depart hotel in a taxi to the bus station
15:30 - depart in bus for Merida
19:30 - arrive in Merida
20:00 - depart with Miguel Angel and Sofia in their car
21:30 - arrive in La Puebla del Maestre

Somehow I managed to enjoy the entire trip until the last 1/3 hour when I was pretty exhausted. My parents are so happy and grateful that I make such a good traveller.

When we arrived in La Puebla, Dad was totally surprised that Miguel Angel had built a new house on their property. Now, in addition to the traditional adobe house there is a beautiful patio and a second house with a large sala de estar with a fireplace and biblioteca where I sleep. I like the sound of the churchbells across the plaza that mark every hour with their song. In the morning, roosters sing to remind me that it's time to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment