03 August 2009

I'm 6 Months Old!!


Last week I turned 6 months old. We celebrated with 2 major purchases. First, my own highchair. Now I sit up like a grown-up. Second, I got a real crib! It's fun because I have space to roll around and practice scooting. So far I can push with my feet but I haven't figured out how to simultaneously move my hands in order to move forward. Nevertheless, I manage to get from one side of the room to the other with a lot of rolling and grunting.

Dad assembling the crib.

Me enjoying the crib.

I am making huge progress on the eating front. I have mastered drinking from glasses and bottles (see below), and I can feed myself with a spoon! Sometimes I forgo the spoon and use my hands to push the food into my mouth. If that doesn't work, I resort to a more direct technique - I just put my mouth down on whatever it is I want to eat. It works! My diet now includes cereals, squash, potato, banana, apple, carrot, peas, peach, plum, rutabaga, turnip, melon, and, of course, the occasional pork chop.

Don't worry, I'm not really drinking it- just pretending!





I am still a good sleeper at night. My parents especially love this. I am not a huge napper, though. I like to take little 20 minute cat naps here and there and maximize the time I have to play by myself, to laugh with Mom, and to observe the world on our many walks around Cambridge and Somerville.

My personality is growing along with the rest of me. I love to laugh and find many things quite funny. Last week my mom was cracking me up with a silly sound she made while telling Dad a story. Click on the arrow below to see a clip.



Look at my growing feet! Compare them to my "small parts" 4 months ago.

2 comments:

  1. Where to begin? It's very clear that you seem quite happy with your living arrangements. Apparently your parents provide you with sufficient stimulation so that you are developing a very clear personality. We already know you will be a do-it-yourselfer like your Dad. You have a hearty appetite, like both of your parents. And you have a keen sense of humor which you inherit from many sources but which is also undoubtedly mostly your own. That you are happy and healthy and handsome and intelligent is a great joy to your family all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable! Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. What a joy!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete