13 August 2012

Honey Bees and Darkness

Tonight, as I was eating my second serving of yoghurt and honey, I told
papa: "honey comes from honey bees". He responded "if honey comes from
honey bees, what do bumble bees do?" What a silly question. I said that
honey bees give the the honey to the guy who brings the honey to the
store. Papa insisted, "so then, what do bumble bees do?" I thought he
knew everything, but I guess I was wrong, so I had to explain: "Well,
bumble bees make the honey. Then they leave it on the ground and then
the honey bees come and take it and bring it to the man in the store..."
He was bumblebeeduffled.

Later, at bed time, we started talking about curtains. I explained how I
like curtains because they are dark and I sleep better in the dark. And
so does Pau. I then I explained how darkness is close but light far, and
how when it gets dark the darkness pushes the light into the bathroom
and that's why it's dark. After thinking about it for a while continued:
"In the morning, the Sun pushes the darkness through the curtains and it
gets outside. And then it turns into light" Papa asked "and what happens
at night?" To which I responded: "Do you mean how the light turns into
dark? Well", I said "the moon comes out and pushes the Sun away, and
then the light turns into darkness..."

I think papa was impressed, but I couldn't se his face because it was
too dark...

1 comment:

  1. For every question there is an explanation, Papa. If you don't know the answer, just ask Andrés. Thanks to Mama for writing down these wonderful explanations for all of the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete