31 October 2010

Pumpkin Carving is Fun

Today was my first pumpkin carving experience. Did you know my parents met at a pumpkin carving party in Somerville in 2002?

Well, here they are, still carving pumpkins together 8 years later.


Mama showed me how to draw a face on the pumpkin. She carved the medium-sized pumpkin.


Grandpa and Grandma and Mama encouraged me to get my hands dirty digging out the seeds, but that didn't look too appealing to me. . . .


Papa carved the big pumpkin. . .


and made pulling out seeds look fun.


So I decided to give the whole thing a try, beginning with the drawing.


I carved the little pumpkin.


See? We turned our pumpkins into Jack-O-Lanterns.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Hola petitó
    estas guapíssim vestit de xai (tot i que si visquessis a barna la padrina, o millor la mare de la padrina, t'haguès fet un més sofisticat, ja ja ja ja)...
    El que si és sofisticadíssim són les jack-o-lantenrs! he flipat amb les celles!! quina currada

    A summary in English: beautiful, truly sophisticated jack-o-lanters!

    ReplyDelete