09 September 2009

Mi Primer Castellers

On Sunday I saw my first human castles at the Festa Major of Sabadell, a city near Barcelona. My dad has told me about how he used to participate a few years ago.


This formation is called pilar de cinc (pillar of five). Dad has been in a pillar of four. So strong!

First I met up with some friends:

Javi, Digna and Neus feeding me breakfast before our adventure.


Everything is relative: I am a giant next to baby Arnau (his parents are Andrea and Victor on the right - Javi and Digna are on the left. . . practicing)


Pepe has a fun face.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Andrés,

    The photos are wonderful. I'm happy you are having so much fun with your Catalan friends. I see lots of grown ups who are really having fun with babies. What's next, I wonder? Grandma and I send them all our very best wishes.

    When you are in medical school you will be able to discuss with your father the dangers of the Pilar de Cinq, an activity best done by the very young and foolhardy. In the meantime, pay close attention and enjoy the marvelous spectacle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone1
    how beautiful the pictures of Andres and Leah and Miquel with us, it was a wonderful time in BCN and we missed them all!! Grandpa is completely right, the catalan friends are being "motivated", so to speak, after the baby-bath we had those days (Andres and Arnau did their job to push for natality raise!)...
    best regards to all (fins aviat!)
    Javi and Digna (the ones that look more amused in the pictures, ha ha ha ha)

    ReplyDelete