27 September 2009

I'm 8 Months Old!


To celebrate my eight month anniversary (is it mensiversary?) we had Dim Sum (Chinese Brunch) with Deyu and his roommate. I love Chinese food, though I was only allowed to taste the tofu...

A Few Updates on My Life:
Eating -

This is still one of my favorite activities. I have now tried both hamburger and chicken, in addition to the entire vegetable kingdom. They taste good, but I could use a few more teeth to help me eat the meats.

Sleeping - 12 hours a night. I'm still not a big fan of napping.

Growing - As can be expected of anyone with an appetite like mine, I am getting bigger! I am maintaining my extra rolls and round belly, which Mama loves. I now have 2 teeth and way more hair than I did 4 months ago. It seems to be light brown.

Playing -


Another favorite activity. I especially like taking toys out of boxes and putting them back in. I am getting very good at "give" and "take." I enjoy handing things over. . . and getting them back. The bath is a constant source of fun and it works in all kinds of weather.

Communicating -
Today I said my first word, Mama * . The fact that she's been repeating it endlessly for the past month and a half helped me to learn how to pronounce it. Thanks, Mama. I can point at a few body parts when asked in Catalan and English. In general, even only saying one real word, I usually manage to get my point across.
*I think it should count at least twice since it means the same in English, Catalan, and Spanish.

Moving - Well, I may not be crawling but I eventually get where I'm going. It is frustrating using the technique I currently employ. This involves keeping my cheek to the floor while pushing with my feet. On the wood floor I like to do the backwards butt slide while sitting upright. This is entertaining but doesn't get me any closer to the things I want that are lying in front of me.

OK, friends, that's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. You made my day with these photos and comments! (Your Mother is pretty clever too)
    Can't wait to see you. xxxooo
    Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you know it was mom?

    ReplyDelete