28 May 2009

I'm 4 months old!!!

On behalf of my 4 month birthday, I thought I'd tell you a little about my life.

In general, I am a very happy boy. I have fun playing with my mom and dad, and especially enjoy meeting new people. I weigh around 12 lbs 5 ounces (5.5 kg) and have just started to outgrow my first set of clothes!!

Sleeping is one of my talents. I usually go to bed around 9:30 pm (21:30) and wake up around 4:00 am. Sometimes I manage to sleep until 6:30 (Mom LOVES those nights!). Lately I take at least one real nap a day, for at least a couple of hours. This is my bedroom where most of that sleeping takes place.

I am learning to do a lot of things. Here you see me on my tummy where I can roll onto my back and even scoot a little by pushing with my feet (this trick can cause rug-burn on my cheeks since I can't hold my head up AND scoot at the same time. . . yet). I can also twist around on my back and tummy, and roll from my back to my side. As you may notice, I produce amazing quantities of saliva. I allow most of this to drip down my face, often soaking whatever cute outfit I happen to be wearing.


One of my favorite activities is going for strolls (pictured above). I also enjoy putting things in my mouth. I like to put fingers in my mouth (mine and other peoples'). My diet is still very basic. . . . Mamma's milk is all that I eat so far. During the day I eat every 2 hours! I think I'll start eating solid food soon.



This is me with Sophie the Giraffe, my new favorite toy. She tastes good, which has a lot to do with why I like her so much. As you can see, I am pretty good at grabbing things. My dexterity is improving, too, and I can now take a pacifier out of my mouth and put it back in all by myself!


I like to talk - mostly grunts, gurgles, coos and, most recently, squeels. Eventually I'll speak Catalan and English but for now my own language works just fine. Well, that's all for now. I'll see you soon!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a fine big boy you've become! You are right to be proud of all you can do. I can see that your communication skills are improving every day and that your parents must get very much pleasure being with you. Your California grandparents are very proud too and look forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Andres,
    Thank you so much for showing us the varieties of your experience.
    You are very fortunate to have such wonderful parents (who understand how much we love to see you)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Andrés,

    Belated happy four-month birthday from your forgetful grandpa. He's very happy to see how much you've grown and how big you are becoming. Also, he can tell how happy you are making your wonderful parents and how carefully and thoughtfully they watch your antics. Of course, judging from your big smiles, they make you very happy too! It looks like everyone is happy with their choices.

    ReplyDelete